3GHI PROTECTION™ bringing diesel safety protection to the next level. This new generation safety system boasts extreme reliability and will give the entire system ‒ including the diesel engine ‒ the safest PROTECTION available for Zone 2 operations.
3GHI PROTECTION™ system incorporates 2G certified gas detection for use in Zone 1, and the system complies fully with NORSOK Z-015 and DNVGL-ST-E272 . Every diesel driven unit manufactured by JB Well Solutions is offered with the high integrity safety system, 3GHI PROTECTION™, the first 3G diesel safety system possessing a SIL level conforming to EN 61511 and designed in compliance with EN 50495:2010.
System is already delivered to many worldwide customers and is field proven.
Operate your unit in hazardous area (Zone 2) without flame arrestors
The 3GHI PROTECTION™ system eliminates the need for an exhaust flame arrestor on the exhaust gas cooler, not only securing longer operating times but also protecting the health and fuel economy of the engine far more efficiently than traditional flame arrestor systems. The 3GHI PROTECTION™ system is certified and type approved by certification body DNVGL.
- 100% independent and stand-alone safety system.
- Suitable for all marine diesel engines.
- Certified for operation without exhaust flame traps.
- 94/9/EC ATEX compliant.
- DNVGL-ST-E272 compliant.
- IECEx compliant.
- Includes field instrumentation conforming to NORSOK Z-015.
- In compliance to EN 50495:2010.
- In compliance to OLF 070 guidelines for applications of IEC 61508 and 61511.
- Easy to integrate into process or plant system, standard field bus.
- SIL 2 fire monitoring integration possible.
- Gas signal for process or plant system up to SIL 2 according to EN 61511.
- Easy integration of additional equipment such as transmission, pump and fire detection for safety and explosion protection.
3GHI PROTECTION™ – major advantages:
- No special solutions – the system is designed with standard equipment.
- No special electronic cards.
- No flame arrestors in exhaust.
- No calibration needed.
- No gas bottles.